THIS IS THE JOB AS IT WAS POSTED - I HAVE FILLED THIS POSITION AND START Nov. 27, 2006! - TLC
Blizzard Entertainment is creating a new exciting
position for our studio. We are looking for a curator to
collect, catalogue, and care for all original artwork,
both digital and non-digital. The curator will also take
responsibility for conceptualizing, creating and
maintaining in-house displays of Blizzard artwork. This
person will be responsible for constantly updating
displays and keeping them up to date with the most
recent productions. The curator will also research and
develop other avenues to use and showcase the evolution
of our art and artists during our continuing company
Blizzard offers a fun, creative and technically
challenging environment with excellent compensation and
a full range of benefits.
- Collect, archive, catalogue, and properly care for
all non-digital Blizzard artwork, including
- Make artwork easily searchable and available for
research and other uses.
- Collect and catalogue digital artwork to improve
searchability and make it available for research and
- Conceptualize, take responsibility for, and manage
the creation of in-house Blizzard artwork displays.
Change displays on a regular basis to keep displays
fresh and up to date with the most recent products.
- Conceptualize, propose, take full responsibility
for, and manage museum showings of Blizzard artwork.
- Research and develop other uses for Blizzard’s
back catalogue of artwork.
- Experience caring for, storing and cataloguing
artwork of various mediums: i.e. sculpture, oil &
canvas, charcoal, pencil, ink, in a related field
- Experience designing exhibitions and art displays
in a related field
- Previous curatorial work at a CG studio, film
studio, museum or art gallery
- Passion for the historical art trends of fantasy
and sci-fi illustration and artwork in comics, video
games, film, etc.
- Well versed in Blizzard's company history as well
as our various games’ lore and evolution.
Applicants must submit a cover letter, resume, and
salary history, along with examples of exhibits they
have been responsible for as curator to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Email portfolios are preferred.
Mail the abovementioned materials (DVD or CD with
rippable quicktime files preferred) to:
Blizzard Human Resources
P.O. Box 18979
Return to the Employment Opportunity
Blizzard Entertainment. All rights